Internet is one of the rapidly growing marketing medium these days. As a major part of the global population spend a lot of time online, it makes the perfect sense to go for online marketing. Though you can avail of various online marketing tools, the most commonly used tool is email marketing.
If you are still not sure whether email marketing is worth your money, these advantages of email marketing can help you decide if you want to invest in it or not:
- Simplest option: Accomplishing an email marketing campaign is very easy. You won’t need any extensive resources for this and can carry it out from the comfort of your home.
- Beyond geographical borders: Email marketing has a global reach. Irrespective of your own location, the targeted emails can reach any audience.
- Cost effective: Email marketing campaign can cut down your costs considerably. As compared to traditional marketing methods like print or direct mail advertising, such a campaign will need less time, resources and money.
- Interactive: You can get your prospects involved in the email marketing campaign by using interesting videos, graphics, music, games, quiz or whatever that you think will catch their fancy.
- Extremely personalized: You can personalize your emails to greet every prospect of yours. This personalized touch will make a mark on your targeted would-be clientele and help you create special bonds with them.
- 24×7 marketing: With an email, you can let your audience know of the offerings even when you are not online or have left the office. So, if you want your marketing campaign to work round the clock, email marketing campaign should be your choice.
- Targeted marketing: Using custom-built and prepackaged records, you can do targeted marketing. Rather than bothering all and sundry, you can send emails only to those who are likely to need your products, services or solutions. You may use various parameters like age, geography, nature of spending, income etc to select your targeted audience.
- Assessable results: You can evaluate the success of your email campaigns by using tools that let you measure how a person has landed up at your website, the path followed by a visitor after such landing, conversion rates, click-through rates etc.
- Unsubscribe or opt-in alternatives: As emails have opt-in as well as opt-out alternatives, you can select only those prospects who are genuinely interested in your products/services/offerings.
- Quicker response: Though you will receive maximum responses on the first day itself, the average time of response for your e-mails may vary between one to three days. On the other hand, it will require at least 7 to 12 days to get any response from your direct mail promotions. Moreover, it is more cumbersome to answer a direct mail as compared to answering an email.
Remember that a properly planned online marketing can bring a lot of profit to your business. So, start a targeted email marketing campaign today and enjoy the soaring profits. Perhaps your competitors are already reaping the benefits of it.
Just a note of caution: Make sure that you are NOT SPAMMING your list. You must mail only to those who have agreed to receive newsletters or emails from you (opt-in subscribers). Sending unsolicitated emails is a punishable offence. Your website may get banned or worse you may have to pay a hefty fine or go to jail.
Have you ever done marketing through emails?